the former Gothic town hall was built soon after the Lithuanian raid
in 1349. It was a building on a plan of square and topped with a high octagonal
tower. The southern part of the Town Hall dates from this period. In the 16th
century it was developed into a form of an extended rectangle and topped with
an attic. The tower was rebuilt in the
17th century. On the ground floor there is the section of the Regional Museum,
in the basement there is the Club of Sandomierz Cultural Society “Lapidarium”.
On the first floor there are presentable rooms of the Town Council and the
Office of Civil State. Next to the Town Hall, from the east, there is a statue
of the Virgin Mary from 1776.